CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
SHREC2019 - 3D Shape Retrieval Contest 2019
At Eurographics 2019 Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval.
The general objective of the 3D Shape Retrieval
Contest is to evaluate the effectiveness of 3D-shape retrieval algorithms.
SHREC'19 is the fourteenth edition of the contest. Like previous years, it
is organized in conjunction with the Eurographics 2019- Workshop on 3D Object
Retrieval, where the results will be reviewed by the chairs of the workshop and
included in the workshop proceedings.
Thanks to the efforts of previous track
organizers, SHREC already provides many resources to compare and
evaluate 3D retrieval methods. For this year's contest, we aim to explore new and
updated tracks. Therefore, the participants are invited to have an active role
in the organization of the event. This includes proposing track themes,
building or acquiring a test collection, and deciding upon the queries, relevance
assessment, and performance measures.
The participants of each track will
collectively write a paper, which will be published in the proceedings
of the Eurographics Workshop 3D Object Retrieval. At least one author per
track must register for the workshop, and present the results. We also
cordially invite all participants of a track to register and attend the workshop.
The following tracks are organized. For description of tasks, the collections, queries, the
evaluation procedure, and time schedule, follow the links or contact the track organizer.
Extended 2D Scene Sketch-Based 3D Scene Retrieval
Organizers: Juefei Yuan, Hameed Abdul-Rashid, Bo Li (University of Southern Mississippi), Yijuan Lu (Texas State University), Tobias Schreck (Graz University of Technology)
Contact: Juefei Yuan
- Extended Image-Based 3D Scene Retrieval
Organizers: Hameed Abdul-Rashid, Juefei Yuan, Bo Li (University of Southern Mississippi), Yijuan Lu (Texas State University), Tobias Schreck (Graz University of Technology)
Contact: Hameed Abdul-Rashid
- Feature Curve Extraction on Triangle Meshes
Organizers:Elia Moscoso Thompson, CNR-IMATI, Genova
Contact:Elia Moscoso Thompson
- Protein Shape Retrieval
Organizers: Matthieu Montes, Florent Langenfeld (Conservatoire National des Arts-et-Métiers, Paris)
- Classification in Cryo-Electron Tomograms
Organizers: Ilja Gubins, Gijs van der Schot, Remco C. Veltkamp, Friedrich G. Forster
Contact: Ilja Gubins
- Online detection of simple gestures from hand trajectories
Organizers: Fabio Marco Caputo, Andrea Giachetti (University of Verona)
Contact: Fabio Marco Caputo
- Monocular Image-based 3D Model Retrieval
Organizers: An-An Liu, Wei-Zhi Nie, Wen-Hui Li, Dan Song, Yu-Qian Li, He-Yu Zhou, Shu Xiang, Wei-Jie Wang (Tianjin University)
Contact: Wen-Hui Li
- Shape Correspondence with Isometric and Non-Isometric Deformations
Organizers: Roberto Dyke, Caleb Stride, Yu-Kun Lai, and Paul L. Rosin (Cardiff University)
Contact: Roberto Dyke
- Correspondence in Humans with Different Connectivity
Organizers: Simone Melzi, Riccardo Marin (University of Verona), Emanuele Rodolà (Sapienza University of Rome), Umberto Castellani (University of Verona)
Contact: Simone Melzi
The following list is a step-by-step description of the activities:
- Track organizers have sent their proposal describing the envisioned task, collection, queries, ground truth, evaluation
method, and expected number of participants.
- The tracks are selected, and are listed at the SHREC web page. The track organizers start up their track.
- Participants register for the tracks they want to participate in.
- Each track is performed according to its own time schedule.
- The track organizers collect the results.
- The track results are combined into a joint paper, to be included in the proceedings of the Eurographics Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval.
- The description of the tracks and their results are presented at the Eurographics Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval (5, 6, May 2019)
• February 1, 2019: Submission deadline for track proposals.
• February 4, 2019: Notification of acceptance of track proposals.
• February, March, 2019: Each track has its own time line. The individual tracks will have their own time schedule for registration of participants, release of queries or submission of executables, and submission of results, etc.
• March 15, 2019: Each track is finished, and results are included in a track report, submitted to email@example.com for review.
• March 25, 2019: Reviews done, feedback and notifications given.
• April 5, 2019: Camera ready track papers submitted for inclusion in the proceedings.
• May 5-6, 2019: Eurographics Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval 2019, featuring SHREC 2019.
SHREC 2016, SHREC 2015,